DIY Halloween Costumes with Balloons
Candy Apple Costume
Costumes and Styling by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Hair and Makeup by Katy for PAGE Beauty
This project is part of the DIY Halloween Costumes with Balloons Series.
I love when Halloween costumes are a play on words. Quiz your fellow costume party-goers to see how quickly they can figure out your “candy apple” interpretation!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Hot glue gun
- Fishing line
- Red 17” round balloon
- Brown and green cardstock
- Red and green tank top, shoes and/or other accessories
- Solid color skirt, shirt or dress (be sure to use one with a sturdy/heavy fabric to support the candy)
- Candy (I used gummy fish, citrus slices, lollipops and peppermint candies. I don’t recommend using chocolate as it can melt. Using all wrapped candy will allow the skirt to last longer.)
- Place your skirt, shirt or dress on a flat surface and heat up the hot glue gun.
- Lay out your candy in a pattern on the garment before gluing, or you can work as you go along. I laid out my candy so I knew exactly where I wanted to glue each piece.
- Then, add a large bead of hot glue on the back of each candy piece and adhere to the garment, one by one.
- To make the apple balloon, follow this tutorial.
Candy will never have looked so good! Share photos of your DIY balloon costume with us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
Check out these other easy-to-make costumes with balloons, including Ray of Sunshine, Love is in the Air, Birthday Girl and more.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.