Rainbow Balloon Tassel Tutorial
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Hostess with the Mostess
Whether you’re planning a baby shower, bridal shower or birthday, these Simple Balloon Tassels are the perfect decor to celebrate a special someone.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- 12-inch latex balloons in rainbow colors
- Card stock in rainbow colors
- 2-inch circle punch
- 5-inch Circle Punch
- Hot glue
- Punch paper circles from card stock (We used 1.5-inch and 2-inch craft punches and alternated between sizes). For each tassel, you’ll need two paper circles of the same size per color that you want to use.
- Stack the circles into color piles and line them up in two “rainbow rows” by size.
- Begin laying out circles for the first rainbow tassel. Alternate between big and small circles for each color.
- Place the balloon string on top of the circles, leaving enough excess string above the top red circle to tie onto a balloon later. Tape the string down over the circles and onto your work surface to prevent it from moving as you work.Adjust the placement of the circles under the string to your liking before you start to glue.
- Use a hot glue gun to attach a second layer of paper circles on top of the first, “sandwiching” the string in between the two layers.
- Let the glue dry for a minute, then remove the tape and cut the string to desired length. Repeat this process to make as many tassels as you’d like.
- Use your Balloon Time Helium Tank to fill up balloons in assorted rainbow colors. Tie a rainbow tassel onto each balloon.
- Tape the strings onto to small balloon weights (such as the mini tin cans shown here), then arrange them in rainbow order around the guest of honor’s chair!
Share photos from your Surprise Anywhere creations with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.