DIY Balloon Photo Booth +
ABC Baby Book
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
This project is part of the “About to Pop” Baby Shower series.
Set up a fun balloon forest for baby shower guests to snap photos. Ask guests to take photos to help create an ABC book for baby. Each guest can write an “A is for…” type entry on a balloon. Baby can learn ABCs from loved ones, and Mom will have special photos capturing her celebration.
- One Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Dry Erase Marker or Paint Pen
- Fishing Line
- Clear Tape or Balloon Weights Chair or Stool (optional, for posing)
Plan to use about two dozen balloons in varied sizes between 17” round and regular 11” balloons for the booth, plus one balloon per guest for the ABC book.
- Inflate the balloons with your Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie each with fishing line. Starting from the back of your designated photo booth area and working outward, tape your balloons to the floor (or keep them in place with a balloon weight) at varying heights and in different places, which creates the forest. Make sure to leave a clear, open path to the center of the booth so guests can easily get in and out.
- Set extra balloons and a dry erase marker or paint pen on a table to the side of the booth. Instruct each guest to pick a letter and write it on the balloon (see our “P is for POP” example), then pose with the balloon in the booth. After the party, you can upload the photos online and create a photo book for baby.
Get more ideas for hosting your “About to Pop” Baby Shower, including how to create a fun gender reveal and how to make your dessert bar pop.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.