DIY Graduation Balloon Superlatives
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
Superlatives have to be one of everyone’s favorite senior year memories, where they vote for class clown, best dressed, most athletic and most likely to succeed. So how about taking superlatives out of the yearbook and into graduation parties? Relive the yearbook fun with photos of friends and hilarious recognitions with balloon superlatives.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- 11” (or larger) latex balloons
- Thin cardstock and printer
- Marker (optional)
- Twine or string
There are a few ways to create the superlatives.
- For photos saved on your computer, drop them into a text editing program and crop/resize them to be the same or similar sizes. Leave a large white border (at least 1/4” on the sides and top, and about an inch on the bottom) around each photo. Below each photo, type the superlative applicable to it or print your photos first and cut out, leaving that large white border. Then handwrite the superlatives with a marker.
- If you have photos already printed, cut them down to be the same size and tape to cardstock. Cut out, leaving the same white border mentioned above and write the superlatives.
- Inflate balloons with your Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie with twine or other string. To attach the superlatives to your balloons, tape the photo cut-out to the twine.* That’s it! Let them hang out on the ceiling if you’re indoors, or attach a weight to the bottom of the string, behind the superlative, and display them around the party!
*Note: If you want your superlatives to be visible from all sides, make two copies of each one and attach them together, back to back, to your balloon’s string with tape. Use an even thinner cardstock or paper if you want the balloons to float on the ceiling as these do.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.