Decorate with style for your
Over the Hill Party
This project is part of the Retro Party for Adults series.
Take advantage of any memorabilia your family may have saved in the basement for all these years! Make your guests feel as though they’ve stepped into a time machine with our tips for decorating your retro party.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Latex balloons – assorted colors based on theme
- Pop culture memorabilia from chosen era
- Photos of guest(s) of honor during chosen era
- Music from chose era
- Posters of popular music/movie stars during chosen era
- Crepe paper streamers
- Fill the room with festive decorations – balloons, confetti, streamers, lights, and so on.
- Deck out your party room with everything from the era you chose. If you chose the 60s, hang up posters of Jim Morrison and the Beatles, play their music, and set out love beads and incense. For a 70s party, hang up a disco ball, tack up posters of John Travolta in Saturday Night Fever, and turn up the music of Donna Summer and the Bee Gees.
- If you have enough photos of the guest(s) of honor, put together a display of their life during the time using a giant poster board. Have guests sign and write their favorite memories on the board and send home with the guest(s) of honor for a keepsake.
We’d love to see how your decorations turned out, so share photos with us on Facebook and Instagram!
Check out our other tips to complete your Retro Party theme: Invitations and Games & Activities.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.