DIY Watercolor Balloons
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Jeff Mindell
Give plain white balloons a pastel makeover with this muted rainbow watercolor look! It’s the perfect touch for anchoring your dessert or gift table.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- White balloons
- Paint palette/plate
- Large paint brush
- Acrylic paint (we used pastel colors)
- Inflate a balloon with your Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie a knot. It’s best to add the ribbon or string after you paint the balloons so it doesn’t get in the way. Just be sure to hold tight to the balloons.
- Flip the balloon over so the knot side is facing up, and rest it on a table or other surface. Squirt some paint onto a plate.
- Dip your brush in a bit of water to thin the paint and lessen the weight on the balloon, and then into the first color of paint. Next, paint a section of your balloon, from the knot up about half way on the balloon.
- Immediately repeat with the next color right next to the first, overlapping a bit so the colors blend creating a watercolor effect around the balloon. Continue to repeat with all remaining colors until you’ve worked your way around the balloon.
- Tie ribbon to the knot of the balloon and tie to a chair/table leg to let dry completely.
Show off your pastel party with our party planning communities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.