DIY: A Balloon Photo Backdrop for New Year’s Eve!
Party, Styling, Text and Photos by LaurenConrad.com
We love any excuse to throw a good party, so to prepare for this year’s New Year’s Eve celebration we’ve created the perfect the centerpiece to your soiree: a photo backdrop! Taking photos of you and your besties as you ring in the New Year is half the fun. This picture perfect backdrop for any and all photo opps!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Large/small latex balloons
- Sparkly string or ribbon
- Disco balls
- A tinsel garland
- “2018” Mylar balloons
- Gold ‘Celebrate’ garland
- Command hooks
- Photo props
- Air pump
- Using our Balloon Time Helium Tank, we inflated a bunch of 11-inch gold, silver, clear and pink balloons to frame our photo wall. Using the sparkly string, tie each balloon to the disco balls to anchor them. If you’re setting up in a space that has low ceilings, you can just let the balloons loose and have them float to the ceiling.
- We also blew up some 11-inch balloons with regular air and kept those on the ground to create varying heights and levels for our photo backdrop.
- To add a little something extra, we filled a few balloons with confetti, using a small cardboard funnel to add star-shaped confetti and loose glitter to some 18-inch clear balloons. We inflated some using our Balloon Time Helium Tank, and blew the remaining balloons up with air to have some on the ground.
- Using command hooks, we hung a sparkly tinsel garland on the wall behind our balloons.
- Next, we blew up our mini gold Mylar “2018” balloons with air, and hung them across the command hooks as a garland with string.
- Then, we added the gold sparkly ‘Celebrate’ garland above.
- Lastly, we used our Balloon Time Helium Tank to blow up mini 6-inch balloons in corresponding colors, and used double sided tape to stick these to our photo wall. We wanted them to look like little Champagne bubbles floating above us!
- For some finishing touches, we added some items as props: bottles of Champagne, white tassel garlands, confetti, party poppers, and accessories like a top hat and heels.
Once the backdrop was set up, it was time to start snapping some photos! If you ask us, this is the prettiest way to ring in 2018!
Share your New Year’s Eve photo backdrops and other decor with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.