Ghoulish Gathering Tombstones
Party, Styling, Text and Photos by Sara Schmutz of Confetti Sunshine
We knew when we first started to plan this party that we wanted to keep it light and funny, and not at all scary. Tombstone are usually a little on the scary side. So when we couldn’t find any funny tombstones, we knew would have to make our own.
- Tombstone printables
- Black foam core board
- Glue sticks
- X-acto knife
- Low-heat glue gun
- First, print the FREE tombstone printables out on 17-inch x 11-inch paper. We had the prints done at our local print shop for just a couple of dollars.
- Next, glue the prints onto the black foam core board.
- Once the glue is dry, carefully use your X-acto knife to cut around the edges of the tombstone.
- Cut out some rectangle feet for the tombstones to stand on.
- Use the low heat glue gun to glue the tombstones onto the foam core feet.
To keep the tombstones light and fun, we put some funny sayings hidden in the text. See if the kids at your party can decipher what the tombstones are saying.
- Tom T. Go = time to go
- Ule B. Next = you’ll be next
- Ima Goner = I’m a goner
- Al B. Back = I’ll be back
- Barry D. Alive = buried alive
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.