DIY Silly Ghost Balloons
DIY Project, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Jeff Mindell
Ghosts don’t have to be scary. These ghost balloons show all their emotions and are the perfect, silly touch for a costume party or for greeting trick-or-treaters at your door on Halloween!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- White balloons (9” work best)
- White tissue paper (use large sheets)
- Double-sided tape
- Black dry erase marker
- Pink or red vinyl (optional)
- Inflate the balloons with the Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie with ribbon.
- Fold a sheet of tissue paper in half lengthwise (hot dog style), and then fold it into thirds widthwise. Cut a scalloped edge along the bottom of your tissue paper.
- Unfold your tissue and cut into two, down the length of your first fold. You will use one for each ghost.
- Place a few pieces of double-sided tape along the non-scalloped edge of your tissue and adhere it around the center of the balloon. If the tissue does not reach all the way around, you can add a smaller piece to fill in the gap.
- Draw your faces! Use a black marker to draw eyes, sunglasses, a mouth—whatever you so choose. You can also cut pink tongues, red hearts or other “accessories” out of vinyl and attach them to the balloon for an extra pop of color.
- Tie your ghosts together or place them individually along your driveway, by your front door or around your party. You could even leave them face-less and let guests draw their own and take it home as a Halloween party favor.
Show off your silly ghost balloons with our party planning communities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! Looking for more great Halloween party ideas? Check out this Boo-tastic Pinterest board.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.