Leprechaun Surprise: Mini Pot of
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
The leprechauns have left something behind. These pint-size pots of gold and mini balloons are the perfect St. Patrick’s Day party surprise. Luckily, those leprechauns didn’t cover their tracks too well, so you might be able to follow them to the end of the rainbow.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- 5” Latex balloons
- Gold string/ribbon
- Mini cauldrons (You can buy them online)
- Gold spray paint
- Gold-wrapped candy or chocolates
- Green cardstock
- Removable tape
- In a well-ventilated area, spray paint the mini cauldrons gold. Let dry according to instructions on the can.
- Cut small shoe print shapes out of green cardstock. You can make one shape to use as a stencil and then trace that to create a bunch of little leprechaun feet!
- Once you (Ehm, the leprechauns) are ready to deliver the surprises, fill the gold pots with (wrapped) candy. Inflate the mini balloons and tie with gold ribbon or string. Tie the other end of the string to the pot’s handle.
- Place your little surprise and use removable tape to adhere the footprints in a pattern leading to (or away from) the pot of gold.
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
Share your balloon awards on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.