Midnight Toast New Year’s Eve Centerpiece
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Hostess with the Mostess
Give your New Year’s Eve party a big dose of glam with this sparkly, bubbly-inspired centerpiece. Cover your champagne bottles in an ombre-style coat of blue, silver, and gold glitter for a glitzy holder for celebratory balloons with floating star strings. This design looks great on its own or as the focal point of a festive New Year’s Eve dinner table.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Blue, silver, gold and black latex balloons
- Fishing wire
- Metallic number and letter stickers
- Glitter foam star stickers
- Champagne bottle
- Dark blue glitter
- Silver glitter
- Gold glitter
- Mod Podge (or glittering glue)
- Paint brush
- 2 small prep bowls
- 5 paper plates
- Clear high gloss spray sealant (optional)
- Paint a strip of glue (approximately 2 inches) around the bottom of the champagne bottle. Pour a generous amount of blue glitter directly onto the glue, turning the bottle slowly to completely cover the glue. Hold the bottle over a paper plate to catch and save the excess glitter while you work.
- Mix a few spoonfuls of blue and silver glitter together in a small prep bowl. Repeat step 1, using the blue and silver glitter mix and a new paper plate. Make sure to use a separate paper plate to catch the excess glitter for each layer.
- Add the three remaining silver and gold glitter layers – starting with all silver, then a mix of silver and gold glitter, and finishing with a layer of all gold glitter at the top.
- (Optional) Seal the bottle with a high-gloss clear spray sealant.
- Fill five balloons with helium using the Balloon Time Helium Tank and add fishing wire strings. Use metallic letter and number stickers to add short celebratory phrases to the balloons. Tie the balloon bunch to the bottle, then add sparkly glitter foam star stickers to the balloon strings for a “floating star” effect.
For a festive New Year’s Eve table, combine this centerpiece with NYE Place Setting Stars, tissue confetti, and champagne flutes embellished with strips of balloons stretched around the center!
FREE Printable Star Silhouettes
Share your NYE tablescapes and party decor with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.