Bumblebee Balloon DIY
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Hostess with the Mostess
What’s the buzz all about? For us, it’s these un-BEE-lievably cute bumblebee balloons. This easy DIY balloon craft is perfect for kids of all ages!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- 12-inch yellow balloon
- Black craft paint
- Foam paint brush
- Double-stick tape
- Glue stick
- Fishing wire (or string)
FREE Bumblebee Balloon Printables
- Fill a yellow balloon using your Balloon Time Helium Tank.
- Flip the balloon upside down and lightly tape it to the bowl using one piece of tape on either side. This will keep the balloon from floating away while you work.
- Paint two black stripes on the balloon. Hold your paint brush steady while turning the balloon in place with your free hand. The bowl should make it easy to spin the balloon. Spin the balloon a few times to create stripes that are approximately 2 inches thick.
- Let the paint dry for 20 minutes.
- While the paint dries, print and cut out the bumblebee’s eyes, mouth and wings.
- Gently remove the tape from the balloon. Flip the balloon right side up and re-tape it to the bowl.
- Use a glue stick to attach the bumble bee eyes and mouth to the top of the balloon.
- Bend the tips of the wings to create small flaps, and attach them to the balloon with small pieces of double-stick tape.
- Tape fishing wire to the “belly” of the bumble bee to make it look like the bees are flying!
Share photos from your Surprise Anywhere creations with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.