Sunshine in Winter
Here’s a sweet gift idea from Oh Happy Day to brighten someone’s day during the cold winter months. Fill mini smiley balloons with helium and hide them in a painted cardboard box. When they open the box, out pops a fun surprise.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- White cardboard box
- Rainbow paint colors
- Painter’s tape
- 5-inch smiley face balloons
- Place painters tape diagonally along the box. You may want to stick the strips on your clothes beforehand hand so it’s not super sticky. Leave between one and one and a half inches between each strip of tape.
- Paint rainbow colors between the strips of tape.
- Wait for the paint to dry, then remove the strips of tape.
- Fill 10 mini smiley balloons with helium and attach strips of thread (you don’t want string that’s too heavy or the balloons won’t hold them up.
- Place the balloons into the box one at a time. You’ll probably need a friend to help you.
- Close the box and give away!
Just remember: a 5-inch balloon stays floats for about three hours with helium, so you’ll want to share the gift quickly!
Share a little sunshine in winter with us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.