Balloon Bean Bag Toss Game
Party, Styling, Text and Photos by Sara Schmutz of Confetti Sunshine
This Project Is Part Of The “Balloon-Filled Birthday Party”
A bean bag toss game is a party classic that all the kids love. One of the best ways to plan a themed party is to take a fun classic and add a little twist that helps incorporate it into your party theme. So, for our birthday balloon party, we grabbed our bean bags and grabbed our balloons to make a balloon bean bag toss game. Instead of tossing the bean bag into a hole, the kids actually just have to toss it and hit a balloon.
For our little guests, they just got a point for each balloon they hit. For our older kids, we color-coded the balloons to be worth more or less points. For example, the red balloon are worth 50 points, while the yellow ones are only worth 20, and so on. Each of the kids get three tries to hit the balloons. The catch is, they have to hit the balloons directly on, not just hit the string — and, that is actually harder than it looks!
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Assortment of balloons
- Bean bags or light-weight balls
- Start by inflating five balloons using the Balloon Time Helium Tank. Line the balloons up and tape them onto the floor, keeping them all at the same height. This will be your highest level.
- Inflate four more balloons. Tape these balloons about 12 inches lower than your first balloons, and about six inches in front of your first row.
- Your third layer of balloons only needs three balloons. Once again, tape them about 12 inches lower and six inches in front of your second layer of balloons.
- Line the kids up and let them each have a turn hitting the balloons. Be sure to keep a few extra balloons on hand, just in case a balloon decides to not hold onto the tape and sneaks away.
Share your balloon party photos with us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.