DIY Balloon Box Gender Reveal
DIY Projects, Styling and Text by Studio DIY
Photos by Mary Costa Photography
This project is part of the “About to Pop” Baby Shower series.
While many people celebrate with both a baby shower and a gender reveal party, try combining both events into one. If your guest of honor hasn’t shared the baby’s gender, you can easily reveal it as a surprise at the baby shower. Of course, doing so with balloons makes it extra fun.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Ribbon or string
- Air pump (or someone with strong lungs)
- White paint, circle stickers (optional, for decorating)
- 6-12 Balloons of each desired gender color (we used pink and green)
- Two large boxes (a 20x20x20” box can fit about 6 large balloons)
- If desired, paint the outside of your boxes and decorate with stickers or other embellishments. Cut out two question mark shapes from cardstock and glue one to each box. You can make the question marks the same color as the balloons or a neutral color.
- Inflate the balloons with your Balloon Time Helium Tank and tie with string, revealing the baby’s gender. Blow up the other colored balloons with air. Place the balloons in their respective boxes. If you’re outside, tape the strings of the helium-filled balloons to the bottom of the box. Seal the box with tape. At the reveal, have the parents (or grandparents) open the boxes at the same time. The balloons that float out of the box will reveal the gender.
Free Printable Invitation
Hint at the theme before the guests arrive with this fun fill-in-the-blank printable invitation. Print the invitations out, fill in the shower information and send them on their way.
fill-in-the-blank printable invitation
Get more ideas for hosting your “About to Pop” Baby Shower:
Thinking about creating your own DIY Box Gender Reveal for an upcoming shower? Be sure to take photos and share them with us on Facebook.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.