Rainbow Balloon Centerpiece
This Project Is Part Of The “Rainbow Baby Shower” Party Series.
Make a balloon centerpiece using chicken wire for structure and balloons blown up in all sizes. We added some balloons inflated using the Balloon Time Helium Tank to give the centerpiece a little height without compromising our vision. Visit Oh Happy Day to get the full tutorial.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Chicken wire
- Wire cutters
- Balloon pump
- 11-inch and 5-inch rainbow balloons
- Hot glue gun
- 5-inch honeycomb balls
- Tissue paper
- X-acto knife
- Measure out the length of your table and cut a piece of chicken wire that fits down the middle of the table (be sure to use gloves so you don’t cut your fingers).
- Bend the chicken wire into a wave-like pattern, with varying heights, down the center.
- Fold the sharp edges of the chicken wire under, so they don’t poke out.
- Blow up a bunch of 11-inch and 5-inch balloons (in all different sizes and rainbow colors). Starting with the larger 11-inch balloons, begin attaching them to the chicken wire in an ombre rainbow pattern. We tied them to the chicken wire to make them more sturdy.
- Fill in the gaps with the smaller, 5-inch balloons. Once the chicken wire is covered, you can hot glue additional balloons on top to fill in any gaps. We also added in a few honeycomb balls into the mix.
- Weave colorful festooning or fringe in between the balloons to add in another layer of texture.
- Use an X-acto knife to cut fringe from colorful tissue paper strips. Roll the strips up so they create small tassels, and secure with tape.
- Tie the tassels onto strands of ribbon and attach to an 11-inch balloon inflated using the Balloon Time Helium Tank. Make sure you don’t tie too many onto one strand or it will be too heavy and weigh the balloon down.
- Place about six balloons at varying heights down the center of the table.
Share your rainbow baby shower decor with our party planning community on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.