DIY Project by A Subtle Revelry
Summer stargazing is a favorite pastime of mine so we mirrored our next party balloons after the gorgeous night sky. The galaxies make such a striking statement when you lie at night looking at them and they evoke all those fun nostalgic feelings of camping, and summer and late nights outdoors. Mimicking our balloons after this beloved summer sky definitely creates a party look we will love for the summer solstice and all season long.
The balloons are a great way to welcome guests to the first party of the season, lining a deck or gathered in bunches, they are a design forward party style that guests of every age will love.
- Balloon Time Helium Tank
- Balloons in deep shades
- Paint brushes in varrying widths
- Paint in a few fun shades
- White acrylic paint
- Start by blowing up the balloons using the Balloon Time Helium Tank (we chose black and hot pink). Our at home tank comes in handy for summer outdoor parties since it is portable and easy to carry with us to BBQ’s.
- Start with a base layer of deep grey or blue and paint onto the balloons, follow up with gold, yellow etc to create a galaxy look onto each of the balloons.
- Use a brush dipped in white paint to splatter a little onto each of the balloons creating the image of stars in the night.
Share your star-gazing balloons with our party planning communities on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram!
Note: Adult supervision is required when using balloons. Please read all warnings and precautions on the Balloon Time carton.